How? It's easy...
- Build healthy soil
- Plant right for your site
- Smart watering
- Avoid pesticides
- beneficial insects & biological controls
- chemical remedies
- physical remedies
- problem plants
- Natural lawn care
- improve poor soil
- avoid "weed and feed"
- grass alternatives
For a copy of the "5 easy steps to natural yardcare" brochure: Natural Yard Care (King County Solid Waste Division)
Click here to watch a video on "Road to Healthy Public Places".
Why go natural?
By making some simple changes in how we care for our yards we can:
- Save money on water, waste disposal, and chemicals
- Save time - working with nature is easier
- Save the environment
- protect our families' health
- conserve our precious water supplies and leave more in rivers for salmon too
- keep our streams and lakes clean by reducing the need for chemicals
- recycle yard trimmings into free fertilizer
- Make a healthy, beautiful yard (without working too hard!)